Statistically, small to medium businesses (SMBs) have a 60% chance of failing within the first six months. For example, in Indianapolis, the state of Indiana has over 300,000 SMBs. While many of these businesses will be successful, a large portion will not make it past the first year.
There are a number of factors that contribute to this high failure rate, but one of the most important is a lack of information technology (IT) support. Many small businesses try to save money by handling their IT needs themselves, or by hiring an in-house IT person who is not properly trained or equipped to handle all of the challenges that come with running a business.
Outsourcing your IT needs to a managed service provider (MSP) can help you avoid many of the common mistakes that lead to business failures. Here are many reasons why outsourcing your IT support is a smart decision for any SMB in Indianapolis:
- Cost-effective: Hiring an in-house IT staff can be very expensive, especially if you need to provide them with benefits and training. Outsourcing your IT needs to an MSP will save you money in the long run.
- Scalable: As your business grows, your information technology needs will change. An MSP can scale their services to meet your changing needs, so you don’t have to worry about being under or over-prepared for growth spurts.
- Expertise: MSPs have a team of experts who are trained and equipped to handle any IT challenge that comes up. This way, you can focus on running your business, and leave the IT to the experts.
- Security: Security is a top concern for any business, but it can be especially difficult for SMBs to keep up with the ever-changing landscape of online threats. Managed service providers can provide you with peace of mind by keeping your systems secure.
- Increased productivity: When your employees don’t have to worry about IT issues, they can focus on being productive and meeting your company’s goals.
- Improved customer service: When your IT is running smoothly, your customers will be happy too. MSPs can help you keep your systems up and running so that your customers always have a positive experience.
- Remote support: Many MSPs offer remote support, which means they can help you with IT issues no matter where you are located. This is especially helpful if you have employees who work remotely or travel often.
- Flexible contracts: MSPs understand that every business is different, so they offer flexible contract options that can be tailored to your specific needs.
Outsourcing your support is a smart decision for any SMB. It’s cost-effective, scalable, and provides you with peace of mind so that you can focus on what you do best.