IGTV: What You Need to Know About This Video Platform of Instagram?
Compared to photos, videos have a better engagement rate and Instagram has addressed this changing pattern periodically. Instagram has a standalone and whole new technology/app known as the IGTV. But what exactly IGTV is? Do you want to know more about this platform? If yes, then read on.
What is IGTV?
IGTV is a video platform of Instagram that is made to emulate YouTube. With this platform, you will be able to make a channel using your account and post a 10-minute video and 60-minute and 60-minute long for Instagram accounts with a considerable number of followers. So if you want to post longer videos, but have a small number of followings, you may want to buy Instagram followers to boost it more rapidly.
Nevertheless, the main reason why Instagram created this video platform is to keep its users on the network as well as engaged as a television alternative.
Getting Started With IGTV
In the actual fact, getting started with IGTV is pretty easy. All you have to do is visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download the application on your phone. After downloading and installing the app, open it immediately.
However, if your IG account is already logged in on your mobile phone, you may want to sign to IGTV using the same account. After signing in, you are ready to go.
Categories of IGTV
Actually, IGTV has three categories: popular, for you, and following.
- Following: it is a set of videos from the people you follow on Instagram.
- For You: it is a set of videos that consist of the things that you like made by the users you follow.
- Popular: this category has all the trending/viral on IGTV, usually, they’re ranked based on popularity.
IG Stories and IGTV: What’s The Difference?
Instagram provides three different advertising channels namely the new IGTV, Instagram Stories, and your posts on IG to help people promote their business and brand.
Instagram advertisements, on the other hand, are only instruments and not steadfast channels.
Nevertheless, here are the differences between IG stories and IGTV.
- The IGTV will stay as long as you want, while the Instagram stories will disappear after 24 hours.
- With IGTV you need to maintain a consistent brand while stories don’t.
- IGTV attracts video content creator as well as vloggers.
How To Post IGTV Videos?
- From the main page, click your avatar to go to your channel.
- Add a new video by clicking the + button.
- From the camera roll, choose the vertical video
- Create a short description and title. Make sure to add keywords that are relevant to your brand and business.
- Upload your cover photo. This photo will be shown on your channel page in the categories of IGTV, so make sure it is beautiful.
- After which hit the Post button.
- Don’t overlook the IGTV analytics so that you’ll be able to monitor your posts and the comments you’ll receive.