Have you been keeping up with the news? If you haven’t, you should probably start, because there’s a lot of information to catch up on. In case you missed it, Russia launched an attack against Ukraine last week. The attack was a cyber attack, and it specifically targeted Ukraine’s power grid. This has led to many people wondering if we’re headed for a future full of cyber attacks.
As someone who is concerned about the security of your information technology (IT), you’re likely wondering what this means for you. Well, wonder no more. We’ve gathered 10 experts’ predictions on cyber attacks in light of the Russian attack against Ukraine. Keep reading to learn more.
- “We can expect more cyber attacks like the one against Ukraine in the future. These attacks are going to become more and more common as we move further into the digital age.” – Bill Anderson, CEO of ITC Secure
- “The attack against Ukraine is a wake-up call to the world. It’s time for everyone to start taking cyber security seriously.” – Amit Yoran, CEO of Tenable Network Security
- “This attack is a clear indication that cyber warfare is a real threat. We need to be prepared for similar attacks in the future.” – Eugene Kaspersky, CEO of Kaspersky Lab
- “We’re seeing an increase in cyberattacks that are targeting critical infrastructure. This trend is likely to continue in the future.” – Diana Burley, Professor at George Washington University
- “The attack against Ukraine is a sign of things to come. We can expect to see more cyberattacks that are aimed at disrupting critical infrastructure.” – Jay Healey, Senior Fellow at the Atlantic Council
- “This attack is further proof that we need to be prepared for a future full of cyber threats.” – Harry Surden, Professor at the University of Colorado Law School
- “The Russian attack against Ukraine should be a wake-up call for all businesses. They need to start taking cyber security seriously and implementing proper security measures.” – Daniel Miessler, Director of Advisory Services at IOActive
- “We can expect to see more attacks like the one against Ukraine in the future. These attacks are going to become more sophisticated and more common.” -Paul Rosenzweig, Former Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy at the Department of Homeland Security
- “The attack against Ukraine is a sign of things to come. We can expect to see more cyberattacks that are aimed at disrupting critical infrastructure.” – Michael Daniel, President of the Cyber Threat Alliance
- “This attack is a clear demonstration that cyber warfare is a real threat. We need to be prepared for similar attacks in the future.” – Rick Howard, CSO at Palo Alto Networks
As you can see, the experts are in agreement that we’re headed for a future full of cyber attacks. If you’re not prepared, now is the time to start. Make sure you have proper security measures in place to protect your information technology. And if you need help, be sure to contact a reputable information technology security service. Syzygy 3 is one such company, and they’re here to help you protect your business from cyber threats. Contact them today at (646) 793-4681 to learn more.