If you are planning to pop that magical question in 2021, there is much to consider, as you would expect when arranging a wedding and reception. Whether you have your parents to help, or you and your partner are organising everything, here are a few tips to ensure that the day is as memorable as can be.
- Centrally Located – The easiest way to do this is to plot all your guests’ home locations on a map and select an area that is central to these. That way, no one has to travel a long distance and hopefully, the best seafood restaurant in Sydney is close by and happens to cater for weddings. Choosing a venue with wedding party experience tales all the strain from you and they would assign you an event manager and everything will be taken care of, leaving you to enjoy your special day.
- Read the Online Reviews – The only way to find out about the general service is to read the online reviews, where many other couples describe their experiences. If a friend recently got married, ask them about the reception and you might get a solid recommendation, personal recommends are always the best and give you some peace of mind.
- Themed Weddings – If you have decided to go for a 1920s style wedding, for example, make sure that the venue is flexible enough to provide a suitable ambience, otherwise, your concept might fall flat is the backdrop is not right. Themed weddings are great fun and all your guests would certainly embrace the moment and arrive suitably attired and with some period live music, the stage is complete. If you are a beer drinker, here is a blog about various beers including craft beer.
- Book Early – As soon as you and your partner decide to go ahead with the marriage, you should begin looking at suitable venues. Weekends are quickly reserved for weddings, birthdays, retirements and other celebrations and to avoid disappointment or having to change your wedding date, book as early as possible. The ideal period for preparation is two months, which also gives your guests time to work out their social calendar, indeed, some couples book the venue as far as one year ahead, which makes things a lot easier, with no real deadline to meet.
- Think Wet Weather – If you are planning an outdoor event, make sure that the venue has covered facilities and that’s your rain plan in place. If you are planning weeks or months in advance, choosing a dry weekend is a bit of a lottery; an autumn wedding is a great idea, as you catch the end of the summer and the natural colours are amazing.
As we roll out the Covid-19 vaccine, things will soon be back to normal, but do check with your state regarding Covid restrictions, which could affect travel or limit the number of guests. If you choose an established wedding venue, they have all the amenities and facilities you need to ensure that your party swings until the early hours.